Re: What Would Jesus Do?

--- Bob the dancing monkey <djohnson at snowplow_org>
wrote:

> Ok, again we come back to the fact that some of us
> are Christians, and
> some of us aren't.  This sort of discussion is
> uninteresting to some,
> fascinating to others, and downright annoying to the
> rest.  Is this
> really the place for this discussion?

He says at the beginning of a fairly lengthy post
"discussing" it.  :)

A prophet is one who speaks the word of
> God, but is not wrong
> when he speaks for God.  I dont' think that fits
> Jerry.

You may not.  Most of the people to whom Jeremiah was
speaking probably didn't think he was speaking for God
either.  (Once again, I'm not claiming Jerry is a
prophet.  I'm just pointing out what I see as faulty
in your argument.)

Has it occurred to you that there very well
> may be more
> Christians in nations other than the U.S.?

As far as numbers, sure.  But definitely not as large
a percentage.

 That God
> may not, in fact, be
> an American?

I haven't heard anyone hear claim that yet.  I
Personally think he's Irish.

If we say, 'May God's
> will be done,', are we
> willing to come to terms with the thought that God's
> plan in regard to
> this horrible conflict that is coming may be the
> fall of America so that
> God's plan may be promulgated?

Can we say "huge speculation for the sake of an
argument"?

I love living in this
> wonderous land of
> liberty called the USA
And I love God.
> The two loves are not
> the same.

I belive that is a healthy perspective.  I remember
when I worked in a large Christian bookstore a few
years ago I was really frustrated because we carried
Rush Limbaugh's and Oliver North's books.  I like and
respect those people, and typically am in the same
boat with them, But I felt like to carry these books
(and not Al Gore's) was basically equating
Christianity with being a Republican.

Just a thought...

Kelvin

=====
Willy Wonka: "You know what happened to the man who suddenly got everything he ever wanted?"
Charly: "No. What?"
Willy Wonka: "He lived happily ever after."