Re: What Would Jesus Do?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Rhonda Hunt-Conklin wrote:

> What if Jerry is our Jeremiah?  Something to think
> about as we contemplate all the things that really
> bother us.

Ok, again we come back to the fact that some of us are Christians, and
some of us aren't.  This sort of discussion is uninteresting to some,
fascinating to others, and downright annoying to the rest.  Is this
really the place for this discussion?

for those who are fascinated, read on.

I've got a problem with the contemplation of Mr Falwell as a
Jeremiah.  A prophet is one who speaks the word of God, but is not wrong
when he speaks for God.  I dont' think that fits Jerry.

> What a scary thought! I hear no words coming out of
> Love from this man. We have ALL sinned...the questions
> are a)is God about UNCONDITIONAL LOVE? and b)how do we
> want to be judged...who do we wnat to be our judge and
> juror?

Yup.  We certainly have all sinned.  And this is why I want God to be my
judge, who knows your heart and my heart and everyone's heart like he
knows the back of His hand.  God has a clear glance at us - everyone else
(including us) sees everybody through a pretty hazy view.

-Drew J

P.S. for those of you of the Christian bent...here's a little something to
challenge you.  We call this nation a Christian nation and some people
even go as far as to think that we are some sort of new Israel in the eyes
of God.  Has it occurred to you that there very well may be more
Christians in nations other than the U.S.?  That God may not, in fact, be
an American?

For example, it is estimated by some that there are more beleivers in
China alone than America.  If we say, 'May God's will be done,', are we
willing to come to terms with the thought that God's plan in regard to
this horrible conflict that is coming may be the fall of America so that
God's plan may be promulgated?

Something to ponder.  I love living in this wonderous land of
liberty called the USA.  If called, I would die for the causes here (I
already work on projects that are used by the military - as well as other
very paranoid organizations that need high-level security, from banks to
nuts in the outback of America).  And I love God.  The two loves are not
the same.

Pax,
-Drew J

O ^ ^     Drew Johnson - djohnson at snowplow_org - Ld Robert Bartholomew     )
O(_|_) Tengo gusto de comer creyones. -Elian Gonzales, 4/27/00, goats.com  X
O Check out splat.melm.org (monkey at melm_org) & goats.com (drew at goats_com)  |