Re: What Would Jesus Do?

On Mon, 17 Sep 2001, Bob the dancing monkey wrote:
> P.S. for those of you of the Christian bent...here's a little something
> to challenge you.  We call this nation a Christian nation and some
> people even go as far as to think that we are some sort of new Israel in
> the eyes of God.  Has it occurred to you that there very well may be
> more Christians in nations other than the U.S.?  That God may not, in
> fact, be an American?

FWIW, evangelical historian Mark Noll, an American, has suggested that
Canada may be a more Christian nation than the United States.  However, I
think it's also worth mentioning that Canada in recent years has been
increasingly secularized.  Whatever "Christian" character the nation has
may be residual, and not due to the number of "Christians" here.