Re: Over-The-Rhine Digest V3 #737

>>>i've been listening to "give me strength" a lot lately.  not that *that's*
any different from normal...i love the song, and i think it has some very
deep messages.  just seems kinda relevant now.

also somewhat relevant...or at least thought provoking:

"Murder’s just a word/for lack of something else to say./Murder’s just a game/for lack of something else to play./Put your finger,/put your fingers on it./Something’s got me,/something’s got my heart by the throat."-OTR

"I can't believe the news today/I can't close my eyes and make it go away/How long, how long must we sing this song...And it's true we are immune/When fact is fiction and TV is reality/And today the millions cry/We eat and drink while tomorrow they die/Sunday bloody sunday"-U2

"The wars they will/be fought again/The holy dove/be caught again/bought and sold/and bought again/the dove is never free./Ring the bells that still can ring./ Forget your perfect offering./There is a crack, a crack, in everything./That's how the [Dm]light gets in."-Leonard Cohen

-Luci Edwards (it's been awhile since i've posted on here, but i thought now a somewhat appropriate time)