Re: I need help with a paradox. not a trick question, I do not know the answer

> Why don't you try to fill in your family tree and see how far back you
> can go until you have the same person on both sides of the family. I
> would be interested.

Well, my mom's a Ukrainian Mennonite raised in Paraguay and my dad's a
half-Brit (his mom was German) raised in Zambia ... so you'd have to go a
long, long, long ways back before those two branches overlapped.  :)

> Another point... The whole nation of Israel descended from Jacob . . .

And Jacob and his mother were cousins, IIRC.  There was a *lot* of
keeping-it-in-the-family back then.  :)

> And God said that Abraham would be father of many nations and he is. All
> of the Arab nations and probably others too are also Abraham's
> descendants.

Don't forget the Lemba!  This black tribe in Africa claims to be Jewish,
and they've actually got the DNA to back it up!  Their priestly class even
has a higher proportion of the haplotype that is characteristic of the
Jewish priestly line (a.k.a. the Cohens).

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/familylemba.html
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/israel/familycohanim.html