Re: a related question

> > Is there anything a Christian church can do to make you feel welcomed,
> > loved, appreciated, accepted, etc., without the church having to
> > renounce the idea of homosexuality being sinful?
>
> Bishop (or is it ex-Bishop?) John Shelby Spong of the Episcopalian
> church deals with these issues in his books.  Typical title: "Why
> Christianity Must Change Or Die".  I haven't read his writing, but know
> of his views from his appearances on Bill Maher's late night shouting
> match.  (Maher likes him.)

Hmmm, Spong has never been on Maher's show any of the times that I've
caught it.  Anyway, I interviewed Spong once, and while I agree with him
on *some* of his points (but certainly not all of them), I have to say
he's not particularly inclusive or rational when it comes to people who
disagree with him.  He tends to go overboard, I would argue.

http://www.bcchristiannews.org/august99/spong.html