identity/christ (was Re: Cornerstone dismay)

> > let's also go back to all things relativized to
> christ and to him alone.
> > we are (when separated from him) scum
> comparatively.
>
> I could live with that, I guess.  But Christ too was
> human, was baptized
> for the remission of sins (for the corporate sins of
> humanity and his
> fellow Jews, if not for any individual sins of his
> own), and became sin
> when he was crucified, etc.  Make of all that what
> you will.

i'd probably go back to who he was in the beginning
and who he is now.  both are transcendent.  i don't
understand the mystery of his humanity or being
sin...but i know they were things he became and things
he ceases to be.  plus, we don't worship god eminent,
we worship him transcendent.  otherwise we stinketh of
antinomian-ism.

-j. marie