Re: Re: Luxury (no OtR)

>From: Ysobelle at aol_com

> >Please, any non-Christian who reads this, do not think I am necessarily
> >equating paganism with the state or condition of not following Christ.
> >
>The what the hell ARE you doing? I hate to break this to you, but
>Paganism, by definition, refers to those religions outside the "norm," or
>the Judeo-Christian theology.

Dear Ysoie, I meant by the word "necessarily" that I am not trying to use
the term "pagan" as slang, like a racial or ethnic slur, to brand everyone
outside of the faith as "evil" or intrinsically bad.  Of course, strictly by
definition, you are absolutely correct.

> >a proud minority,
>
>And I hate to break THIS to you, bud, but as far as your religion goes,
>you're not a minority.  I don't
>know about your nationality or your race or your sexual preference, but
>as far as religion goes, you're off the mark.

Well, anyone can say they are a Christian, but few truly are.  Did you ever
hear the story about the guerilla soldiers that enter a church and threaten
to shoot anyone who believes in God.  All but a few people leave, and the
soldiers lay down their weapons and tell the handful that remain, "We just
wanted to weed out the phonies so we could worship with true believers."
Really, you could apply this story to almost any social group; there are
always some people just go along to "fit in", or because it is expected of
them.

Also, I am a rare breed- a Catholic AND a Cultural Christian.  Far from
being a "brain-washed sheep", I really feel alienated wherever I go.  I'm
too Christian too fit in with my own kind, and too Catholic too fit in with
the more evangelical/fundamentalist of my brethren.  Its like high school,
and I'm the perpetual misfit.  Does that make sense?  Can you relate?
Weren't misfits a minority group on your campus?  Anyway, I'm sorta a
minority of one, and proud of my individaulity, even if it makes me very
alone much of the time.

Sorry to annoy you,

Matt