throwing rocks down the hill

Back off.

The reason the Christianity question resurfaces again and again is that
new people are often--OFTEN--drawn to Linford and Karin because they are
Christians making music and experiencing beauty in deep, dark ways that
the focus-on-the-family establishment can't even begin to understand.
There's a thirst for that.  So every time--EVERY TIME--new Christians
join this list because they've just discovered this band that is helping
them address the closet issues of mainstream Chnristianity, every time
some new lostee has come here looking for other Christians who are able
to see their world and their faith in complex ways, these conversations
happen.

We can't have an "old lostees" discussion and a "new lostees" discussion.

We can't wish away the Christianity of Linford and Karin.  It's there,
it's blatant, it's part of their beauty.  It will continue to draw
Christians to this list, and they will continue to be smart and
not-so-smart, right and wrong, insightful and ridiculous, just like the
rest of everybody in the whole world.  They will continue to be both
experienced and naive.  Just like everyone.

And we ought not deride people who have questions we were once glad to
answer and think about.  Having the answers, knowing the discussion
already, does not give you a right to stand at the top of the hill and
throw rocks down at the people who are coming after.  You may not want to
participate, but you don't have to.  It's a discussion list.  Multiple
threads can happen at once.  And it's a discussion list with a rotating,
renewing line up of characters, so discussions will come back.

If the discussion is boring, talk about something else.  We can do that
without putting down anyone else's thread.

Me, I wrote a message about language use last night.  And about
censorship.  And about cultural taboos.  It was not a message about the
CCM question.

Imbecility indeed.

That is all.

Fred <lurk>