Goodness gracious

I've finally managed to get back onto the list now that I've actually
managed to get a copy of FFR which has been the first new OTR music I have
heard since I saw them at Greenbelt over here in the UK in 1997.

Its kind of strange to hear 'finished' versions of 'Little Blue River' and
'Goodbye' which have changed (progressed and regressed I think) since I last
heard them played live or on a few bootlegs I have.

Its also curious to see that the band has now wriggled down to, essentially,
K&L and Jack (kind of) as the last line up I saw was the six piece. After
many a wrangle with Chris Emery over Jack's guitar playing (about three
years ago!) its a joy to hear his contribution to a full OTR recording. Does
he play any solo shows out over there? I've yet to hear him sing.

Has 'Give Me Strength' been released as a single in the US? I can image it
being a runaway hit over here as 'Kiss Me' was for Sixpence if someone pulls
the right strings.

I've managed to finally access the MP3 rarities but have missed quite a few,
does anyone out there have them all and would at all being willing to send
them to me (if thats possible?)? With OTR having not played over here for
years its the nearest I can get to keeping up with the music so please,
please, please.....

When I was first on the list back in 1996 I was at University, now I live in
a Monastery (I'm studying here) and occasionally I've allowed GDBD to spill
out of my window out into the grounds, corridors and cloisters which has
been fun, its suits this kind of place. I secretly wear OTR t-shirts under
my habit.

I would dearly love to get hold of a tape of a recent show, I have a few
recordings the best of which I did myself from 1995 and 1997 but may be in
circulation amongst some of you more established traders out there but do
drop me a line, I might have something of interest (I've plenty of Vol
digital recordings by the way as they've made it over here a few times in
the last couple of years).

I know these 'Hi I'm new(ish)' messages aren't the most interesting ones
that get posted to the list but please do let me know I'm in the right
place!

Cheers,

Ed