Re: Chasing Kevin (was Re: Criterion (was Re: bruce))

Dan Temmesfeld wrote:

> Gilhamilton at aol_com wrote:
> > I haven't seen Chasing Amy.  I thought Clerks was
> > a big heapin pile of ba ba sticky myself even
> > though I think I'm alone on that assessment.  Is
> > that fairly representative of Kevin Smith stuff?
>
> yes and no.  his stuff post-Clerks is not quite as
> crass as Clerks.  i thought Clerks was a good movie,
> but i still lump it at the bottom of his 4 movies so
> far...

i'd concur on this.  to the chagrin of some, i simply did not find
_clerks_ very funny.  not sure why, just didn't.  _chasing amy_ would
probably be next, only because it's more of a serious movie.  in
reality, it'd probably be at the same level with _mallrats_, but i'd
rate it lower on the scale because i'd be more likely to watch
_mallrats_ again than _chasing amy_.

_dogma_ is by far my favorite, and not only my favorite kevin smith
movies, but one of my favorite movies period.  if you can get by the
swearing and some of the more stupid/vulgar aspects ("shit" demon?),
it's both hilarious and thought-provoking at the same time.

YMMV, of course.

troy