Re: Criterion (was Re: bruce)

--- Gilhamilton at aol_com wrote:
> my current Criterion craze

I'm going through the same thing.... I'm hunting Ebay to get
the OOP titles I want before they get more expensive... I
just scored the Criterion edition of Robocop yesterday...
Spinal Tap is next... Silence of the Lambs after that... I'm
gonna take a pass on the John Woo films... He makes violence
look beautiful, but he can't tell a story to save his life.
After that, I figure I can start ordering from www.buy.com.

> I haven't seen Chasing Amy.  I thought Clerks was a big
> heapin pile of ba ba sticky myself even though I think I'm

> alone on that assessment.  Is that fairly representative
> of Kevin Smith stuff?

"Clerks" is definitive, RAW, kevin smith. His releases that
followed are more polished and mainstream. They look better,
contain fewer pop-culture "in-jokes", but, to me, have less
of that first movie's quirky charm. "Chasing Amy", however,
is probably his best made, best written film. The recently
released 2-dvd of the made for tv, animated "Clerks
Uncensored" is simply brilliant. Two of the six episodes
were aired last spring. All are presented here. Loaded with
bonus features... and hilariously funny.

=====
Bradley S. Caviness, Bigwig
Bigwig Enterprises

http://www.bigwigenterprises.com

"We're all writing everyday with our lives, whether or not we ever pick up a pen." – Linford Detweiler, Over the Rhine