Re: Criterion (was Re: bruce)

In a message dated 4/25/01 12:27:54 AM Central Daylight Time,
petert at interchange_ubc.ca writes:

<< > The Passion of Joan of Arc is amazing,
<snip>

Peter;
 Ack!  When you describe it like that, it *does* sound like a must-have!

I've been wanting to see it for quite some time but haven't ever been able to
find a copy to rent so with the nice review and my current Criterion craze I
think perhaps that'll end up being the next one I get.

  Thanks for the recommends Don!
   -and the offlist discussion offer.
   any further questions I'll be sure to take you up on that

I haven't seen Chasing Amy.  I thought Clerks was a big heapin pile of ba ba
sticky myself even though I think I'm alone on that assessment.  Is that
fairly representative of Kevin Smith stuff?

 >>Oh, am I off-topic?  Hmmm, um, well, Karin's not exactly medieval, but
 might she qualify as a "female Christian mystic" singer?  :)

I'd say she might, depending on how you wanna define one.  I can place quite
a few specific times when I've definitely experienced a sense of *otherness*
or the numinous while listening to her voice.

kevin