Re: Chasing Kevin (was Re: Criterion (was Re: bruce))

--- "Peter T. Chattaway" <petert at interchange_ubc.ca>
wrote:
> Remember the line in _Chasing Amy_ about _Degrassi
> Junior High_ and Canadian melodrama?  Apparently
> Smith was a huge fan of that show when he went to
> film school here, and I think _Chasing Amy_ sure
> *feels* like a typical episode of that show.  :)

haven't seen the show, but sounds like you weren't
being overly kind (now where would i get that kind of
idea  ;-)  ).  i love the line around that:

         HOLDEN
    Thanks.
    (beat)
    What do you wanna do tonight!

         BANKY
     Get a pizza.  Watch ‘Degrassi Junior  High’.

         HOLDEN
         (erases)
     You got a weird thing for Canadian  melodrama.

         BANKY
     I’ve got a weird thing for girls who  say
‘aboot’.

figured you'd like that one peter . . . ;-)

me, i'm a big kevin smith fan.  he makes me laugh.
and chasing amy is one of my favorite movies.  and the
dvd commentaries for his films are the best i've
heard.

and how did we get from OTR to kevin smith?

=====
'cause like all true believers
i am truly skeptical
of all that i have said