Re: a disturbing omission in the midwest sector

On 3/30/01 2:09 AM, quoth the brilliant treemenn at fehq_org at
treemenn at fehq_org:

>I want to quickly mention Rose Polenzani. For those of you who get to see
>her open for OTR, you are in for a real treat. She is wonderful. Her lyrics
>are meaningful, and she sings with a passion. With her is David "Goodie"
>Goodrich, playing electric guitar wonderfully. Rose was a great opener for
>OTR, setting the audience up for the passion and energy of the rest of the
>concert.

GOODIE WAS WITH HER????

(Ysoie does internal backflips with a half-twist) Y'all know I adore
Peter Mulvey, right? Goodie is usually Peter's sidekick, and he's
featured with Peter on the most of the latter's CDs, including the live
one, "Glencree." This last CD has a version of "I Am Stretched On Your
Grave" that rocks beyond words. Well, literally-- its coda is a chilling,
beautiful duet with Peter on acoustic and Goodie on electric guitar, and
it builds in an almost terrifying way to a crecendo of what sounds,
literally, like the chimes of doom. All from Goodie's guitar. Amazing
stuff.

And he's not bad on the eyes, either.

Oh, I believe Rose opened for Indigo Girls a few times on their last
tour, so though I haven't seen her, she HAS to get thumbs up from me cos
Emily and Amy rock.