Re: suggestions, please . . .

Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?  Philip K Dick

Man - that brings back memories!  Great conceptual
work if not the basis to a great Film - Bladerunner

I will now have to re-read that one just for the
giggles.

Though if you are interested on a more
serious/melo-dramatic/sociological-if not very boring
if you're forced to read, try "Sister Carrie" by
Theodore Dreiser; published 1900.

I picked up the book last year - on it's hundredth
year anniversary - just because.  Personally, the book
gets long winded at times, by the over all concepts
are very interesting.

Basic Premise: country girl goes to the city and makes
it big - plain and simple.  It how the story happens,
how different the world of 1900 is to a young
un-experienced woman and yet how very similiar today's
world is.

Not a book I would classify as a light read, but a
necessary one.

But that's just my option.

Chris in Arizona

Rama Zen I, The Prince Cybil of Thinking.
"You may have nine billion lives, but the trick is
living them one at a time."