a disturbing omission in the midwest sector

> hey, so, like, um, are there noo listees from st. louis, or what?

Well, I am horribly behind in my OTR readings and assumed my husband had all
ready commented. Upon getting caught up, I realized my error and decided to
come out of "lurk mode" to comment.

First off, Melanie, I think your parents were sitting right behind us. I
noticed them leave, then return. I'm glad they enjoyed it.

Jack was mixed too high. He often drowned Karin out completely. She was her
usual wonderful self, barely annunciating the lyrics, but she was so lost in
Jack's guitar. The band was very upbeat, very fast paced, extremely
energetic. Being a relatively new groupie, this was the 4th time I've seen
OTR play. :) I was suprised at how little Karin played with the band.
Mostly, she just sang and danced around. It also looked like Karin was
having a lot of fun through the whole concert. Jack played well, as did
Chris Donahue (sp). My biggest complaint of all is that Chris's mike was
turned down so low that you couldn't hear him back Karin at all. Karin let
Linford do almost all the speaking during the concert (as a matter of fact,
except for a few "thank you-s" and the like, and introducing the band, I
can't remember her saying anything else). I was very pleased with the
concert. They had an energy I hadn't seen before, and I loved the new stuff.
It was also very nice because they steered clear of those songs we've all
heard (you know the ones) in concert, and shocked me with some selections
from "Eve." I wondered to myself if they are going to push "Eve" out on
backporch.

Here's the play list:
The World Can Wait
If Nothing Else
All I Need is Everything
Fairpoint Diary
I Radio Heaven
Little Blue River
Birds
Moth
Anything at All (an unrecorded song by Karin)
Bothered
Sleep Baby Jane
Faithfully Dangerous
My Love is a Fever
Goodbye (This is Not Goodbye)
    encores:
The Body is a Stairway of Skin
Give Me Strength

I'm not sure what else to mention here.... I remember someone noting a while
back that they had seen OTR and they seemed unrehearsed, not fully prepared
for the concert. Here in St. Louis, they didn't give that impression at all.
My husband and I enjoyed the concert, as did our two friends we dragged
along who had never heard of OTR before.

I want to quickly mention Rose Polenzani. For those of you who get to see
her open for OTR, you are in for a real treat. She is wonderful. Her lyrics
are meaningful, and she sings with a passion. With her is David "Goodie"
Goodrich, playing electric guitar wonderfully. Rose was a great opener for
OTR, setting the audience up for the passion and energy of the rest of the
concert.

Ah well. That about covers it, I think.

Beth M