delayed response to flys ass #2

In a message dated 3/25/01 2:43:04 AM Central Standard Time,
kpeterson77598 at earthlink_net writes:

<<   Even though you may feel like the fly, your pastors and Bible study
leaders may be as afraid of you as if you were a hive of bees--because you
have made them think--and thinking can be a very scary thing.  Even if they
swat you away from their rearends, you might be stinging their faces. >>

Yea, what Katheryn said!  I think one of the main reasons searching people
get the sad replies they do to hard questions is that the answers are viewed
as a threat to thier comfortable faith.  In another egroup I'm in the
question was posed "what's wrong with the Christian *ghetto*"? Well, the
question has been buzzing around in my head like that fly jillian mentioned.
We've isolated ourselves so much from the world about us that, for all
practical purposes, there no longer is a "Christian mind". Meaning a
collective system of thought that is able to interact with the world at large
rather than just talk to itself.  So, when questions invade that *ghetto*
from the big bad world outside all there is to offer is the pat answers and
buzz words that have been taught from within or harsh remarks made out of
fear .  The "city on a hill" has become a walled in prison with a one way
iron gate that let's people in but won't let them back out for fear of
bringing back a plague of some sort.  There are a lot out there you know:
Secularism, Humanism, Thinkism.

kevin

Beauty captivates the flesh in order to obtain permission to pass right to
the soul
--Simone Weil