Re: Christian Crap

In a message dated 10/25/00 4:08:11 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Owner-Over-The-Rhine at actwin_com writes:

<<
 just to be argumentative myself, I find blanket statements like this, even
 when not meant as a blanket statement extremely off-putting.  There are a
 vast number of Christians, like myself, within and without the arts, who
find
 the pabulum that passes for *Christian* culture to be mediocre at best, just
 plain garbage at norm - not even the worst.  The worst don't even have a
name
 it's so bad.
   I have no need in my life to purchase or buy into any of this crap thank
 you very much and I do not
 like to be lumped into these molds >>

Amen,

it's good to let people know that not all Christians have such mediocre
artistic sensibilties.

Also, I saw the Sinead O'Connor thing on VH1. I didn't know she had such a
good voice. Do any of her albums reflect her more contemplative side (such as
her acoustic rendition of 'Amazing Grace'?).

Love the song Beautiful Day bu U2. Is the album out yet or not? My appearent
ignorance hampers me constantly....

Brittney