Re: Before otr...

> Just another thought though, when finally introduced to otr was it
> just like
> NOTHING in comparison to all your other picks?

Good morning, or good night, I haven't quite decided which it is right
now (sleep? sleep is for the weak!)  I thought I'd jump in here.

In both my pre and post otr days, I've spent most of my time listening to
folksy / rock sort of things, or hard classic rock.  (I think that come
from Mum playing John Denver in one ear, and Da playing Black Sabbath in
the other :-) things like the Rolling Stones, Indigo Girls, Anne E.
Dechant, Barenaked Ladies, Dixie Chicks, Mellencamp, Cream, Dr. Hook and
the Medicine Show, SImon and Garfunkel, Diana Krall, Karen Casey,Counting
Crows, Janis Joplin, Ani DiFranco, R.E.M.,and Tori pre date OTR for me.
With in the last three years or so OTR, has definately joined these
ranks, but I would never say that it has surpassed any of the above
mentioned bands (Oh No! Shock! Blasphemy! :-)Otr is comprised of very
talented musicians and brillant lyrisists, but I would necissarily say
they were my favorite band.  "My Favorite" is too fickle a phrase.  "My
favorite" changes every ten minutes.  Right at this moment its Patty
Griffin, but yesterday it was Lucinda Williams, see what I mean?
	Not necissaril;y because of OTR, but still post otr, I've gotten into
VOL, Patty Griffin, Lucinda Williams, Moxy Fruvous,  Cowboy Junkies, Dar
Williams, John Lee Hooker, Tom Waits, Wild Colonials, Michael Kelsey,
Tickelpenny Corner, Sinead Lohan, etc., etc., etc..... (with much
begrudged thanks to DM, being that all of these are his fault.  Begrudged
only because of how much money I had to drop on these cd's after he moved
out *smiles*)

So that's my two cents.

By the by, jg, I liked the cd, and I'll write you more on the subject
soon  :-)

Have a good morning y'all!  I just have to decide if its worth going to
bed at this point

*smiles*

jen

they say I'm walking on freedom.