Re: Before otr...

hi

> Just another thought though, when finally introduced to otr was it just
like
> NOTHING in comparison to all your other picks?

i'd have to say that what made the Over the Rhine experience disimilar to
the other bands (for me) was this list.  keeping in constant "contact" with
the band, the fans, the reviews, the etc.  was new and different and unique
to the Over the Rhine experience.

Nothing ever happens on the Syd Straw "discussion group"
A lot of discussion about music happens on the Happy Rhodes list, but it's
not at all like ~this stuff~

I think somebody put together an Anne E. DeChant discussion group, but that
was DOA.

I admit it's a little hard to tell what happens on the Monk discussion group
since it comes into my same in-box  and it's populated by the same people as
are here,  so it's kinda indistinguishable from here.

anyway, that's all the playgrounds i have a key to,  but this is by far  my
favourite one,   and it has made the OtR experience better.   some spouses
might say  "Yeah, to the point of obsession!"  but they just don't
understand, do they?

goodnight.

jg
np:  Holly Cole  __it happened one night__