Fw: The ark

Heh, I tried to send this yesterday, but obviously failed.  I'm the
lurker (my that sounds so, oh, either derogatory or dangerous) burrill
mentioned . . .

Well, I wandered up to Livonia, Michigan to visit not too terribly long
lost friend, one whom I haven't seen in two years, and as I traveled I
realized my route took me right through Ann Arbor.  I casually mentioned
that there was a concert Sunday night a mere half hour from my friend
Sally's home, and she immediately became determined that the concert was
going to become part of our weekend itinerary, come hell or high water or
a husband who isn't too too big on OtR.

So, lo and behold, I ended up going to a lovely little concert in a
lovely little theater in Ann Arbor, MI, a little city that looks like
someone took an interesting section of Cincinnati and made a whole city
of it.  So, a few of stories for you:

My friend Sally, who will welcome a little boy into the world in October,
said that the whole concert her baby wiggled around happily to the music,
stopping whenever Karin and Lindford spoke, and starting again when the
music resumed.

Partway into the second song, a small flashing caught my eye, which I
dismissed, but when it repeated I turned my head to notice a firefly.
The firefly wandered into the stage area, distracting Jack and soon
causing Karin to laugh as she does.  The firefly danced and drifted among
the band for quite a few songs, which seemed fitting to me.  A piece of
twilight that drifted indoors to be part of the music that sometimes
makes me think of dark fragrant summer evenings.  Karin commented that in
their 10 years of concerts, this was their first with a firefly, and then
laughed as she said, "there should be two" since we were at The Ark.
heh.

Lindford's brother was there, and it was his 29th birthday, so during the
first encore they did a quick happy b'day dedication to him.  And
Lindford made a quick claim that he was his twin brother, rather than
younger.  Lindford seemed to enjoy talking last night, telling a couple
of the stories I'd heard him share at C-stone that went with new songs,
and then one I hadn't regarding, oh gee, I think it was "I will
remember."  He talked about getting in his car and driving north,
planning on driving until he collapsed, because a Canadian pianist has
said that the inspiration was up there.  He went 800 miles and ended up
in WaWa, Ontario, where he didn't particularly find inspiration but did
end up surrounded by 11 feet of snow.  He said the song was really the
only thing that came out of the trip.

It was good to meet you, Burrill, though I'm sorry it was so brief.
Hearing that you got there at 7:00 makes me feel lucky the line outside
wasn't overly long when I got there at 8:00

Well, I suppose I should be wandering on.  Hope everyone had the taste of
fall I did this weekend. Mmmmm.

pax,
chris