RE: Before otr...

> Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!
> You guys had a lot of interesting stuff listed. Thanks for the feedback!
> It's nice to know that I'm not the only one that kinda feels foolish about

> some past um...mistakes? But also, you all had some good music listed too!

I wouldn't say that anything I've listened to in the past was a *mistake*.
I still enjoy everything I've ever bought, be it LP, cassette, or CD.   The
Carpenters, Sir Mix-A-Lot, House Of Pain, Mario Lanza - I'm not ashamed of
any of it.   Not even the first Hootie & The Blowfish album.

> Just another thought though, when finally introduced to otr was it just
like
> NOTHING in comparison to all your other picks? Even the good music, like I

> think it was Chris that mentioned Tori Amos, she was all I ever listened
> before otr, and I thought nothing else could EVER compare...

Umm.   I wouldn't compare OTR to Tori Amos, at least not very favorably.
Just ask Dan, seeing how he's the only person I know with more Tori CDs than
I have. (but I still have my pink vinyl UtP, Dan!)

> how did they do
> that? I get in my car day in and day out thinking, "ok, what should I
listen
> to today?" then I see Besides lying next to Tori's Under the Pink, or my
> favorite Violet Burning next to GDBD and I just always find myself picking
up

I've never heard Violet Burning, but I'd probably still pick it over GDBD.
;-)

> the latter, and I always say to myself, "You know you should really TRY at

> least to listen to something else," but I just can't do it!
> I'm hooked and I've been hooked for years! I love it!

I like OTR a lot.   But I wouldn't say they're the best band ever, nor even
my *favorite* of all time.

FWIW, I like OTR better than Dexy's Midnight Runners.

;-P

PS - I need to give public props to jg on the wave of his recent post about
Patti Smith.    Thanks for turning me on to Horses, jg.   You da man.

NP: Collective Soul _Hints, Allegations, and Things Left Unsaid_

--
Chris Emery
Web Commerce Developer