Re: REV: Vigilantes of Love, 4/19

Amy writes:

> I agree a few of their songs tended toward the twangier side of music, but
>  hear undertones of the same in some VOL songs. Sometimes I think people
(not

>  saying you are one of them, this is just a generalization) are too quick
>  write off anything that "sounds like country" before giving it a chance.
But

>  that's an entirely different discussion and probably one that's not
>  appropriate for this list. :)
>
>  Amy

Gotta agree that music shouldn't be written off right away just because it's
got a bit of a twang.  Gillian Welch, Steve Earle, and Dave Alvin (among
others) all are a bit twangy, but that doesn't mean that the music they
create isn't fantastic.

BTW, welcome to the list Amy.  How many Amys do we have on here now anyway?
And you must be new if you think that something slightly off-topic is
off-limits around here, as others will attest, I'm sure.  :)

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  The Smiths - "Strangeways, Here We Come"

"Talking nonsense is man's only privilege that distinguishes him from all
other organisms." -- Fyodor Dostoyevsky