REV: Vigilantes of Love, 4/19

Dan writes:

>>Anyway, off my rant and back to the VoL show... Melissa, Rick and Chris
>>(Creole) were all there.  Any other listies there?

I just discovered this list recently...so hello. Was at the VOL show and
found them their delightful selves once again. Bill's voice keeps getting
better -- there's a plush warmth to it that I never tire of.

I'm glad they played a fair amount of new stuff since I've seen them several
times. Agree with your take that the set seemed to be created on the fly but
I liked this. The crowd (and me!) yelled out several favorites they didn't
touch and I respect them for that. They seemed to want to highlight new
stuff and they succeeded.

A good crowd for a Wednesday night too!

>>Pike 27 opened up.  Um... too country for me.  I think
they played too long...<<

I have to disagree with you here. I found Pike 27 refreshing and more rootsy
than country. Nice to see a local band like them around here and I'll be
looking for them again. They had a good vibe, a solid energy level and their
lyrics were thought-provoking. But that's just one humble listener's
opinion.

I agree a few of their songs tended toward the twangier side of music, but I
hear undertones of the same in some VOL songs. Sometimes I think people (not
saying you are one of them, this is just a generalization) are too quick to
write off anything that "sounds like country" before giving it a chance. But
that's an entirely different discussion and probably one that's not
appropriate for this list. :)

Amy