lyrics

>personally i am dissatisfied with my understanding of otr's lyrics.  alot of
>it all very powerful and gripping, but i feel like i very seldom hear a song
>that i fully comprehend.  i consider myself somewhat of an inept interpreter
>anyways.  more than anything i want to speak with karin and linford in
>person.  i have so many questions that would lend to my understanding of
>their stuff.

I'm with mark.  You don't have to get it all.  Yeah, Lindford had something
in mind when he wrote, and was in a certain place in his life and reading
certain things, but art grows when it interacts with different people.  I
get different things out of a Picasso than I did 5 years ago.  I get stuff
out of DuBuffet now (he rocks) that I didn't come close to grasping in
college.  I'd hate to be limited to just Lindford's thoughts.  OtR's songs
hit me differently at different times.  The lyrics were what first drew me
. . . heh, I use to attempt to write poetry spinning off of the imagery in
_Patience_.

Always enjoy the music.

Did you catch the discussion of Moth a few weeks ago?  That's what the
music is all about, what makes it even more rich, spinning off a variety of
thoughts and images in different people's heads.

When I make art, I hope that people see things in it that I never dreamed
off . . . and I hope I get to hear some of those thoughts.

I wouldn't mind knowing what Lindford and Karin have been reading, but then
I'm always open to people's recommendations of good books.  Not that I need
to pick up any more at this point.

peace and joy,
luce