Re: has the list limped to the side of the wrong road?

From: Dusty Volume <marquis at icx_net>

> probably never will.  I think if I found out, I'd be dissapointed.  Plus
> L and K, I think, are more interested in what *you* think than what
> *they* meant.  It's about communication, man.  What do *you* hear?

And isn't that what art truly is? I mean, I am a painter/designer/poet/etc
and I don't go tell everyone "this is what I saw when I painted it" I say
"What do you see when you look at it, what do you feel, what emotions does
it arouse? Most of the time I will not tell them what I saw or felt when I
did it....

In my poetry and art, I don't ever tell people what I was feeling when I
wrote it, I hope that it speaks for itself and reaches deep inside of the
other person to places they aren't even aware of.

Hopefully what we create goes beyond what we saw in the first place.
Hopefully when people stare at the cover of the Tribute album (hint hint -
we need to get moving on it) they will see something that is more than what
I saw. something that is alive and moving. And hopefully they will see new
things each time they look at it.

It's like a good movie, the more times you watch it the more things you
observe. This is the part I like the MOST about OtR, you always hear new
things, the music is always changing, it's not the type of music that you
play when you want to mindlessly listen to something. It is music that
sparks something deep inside.

In fact, a lot of the art I do in time when I am listening to OtR or similar
styles of music becuase it pulls me into another realm so to speak...

AmyRomania