Re: has the list limped to the side of the wrong road?

> so i'll probably quit the list in a while, maybe when the next lull hits.

What are you talkig about, were in a lull right now, Brian!

> personally i am dissatisfied with my understanding of otr's lyrics.  alot of
> it all very powerful and gripping, but i feel like i very seldom hear a song
> that i fully comprehend.  i consider myself somewhat of an inept interpreter
> anyways.
Welcome to Rhineland!  I was talking with Todd Kearby once and pretty
much said the same thing to him that you've just said to us.  He told me
what I'm about to tell you.  Nobody gets all of Linford's references.
Heck most people don't even get half.  Just enjoy it.

> more than anything i want to speak with karin and linford in
> person.  i have so many questions that would lend to my understanding of
> their stuff.

Good Luck.  I've met them both numerous times and I either forget to ask
what I wanted, or there's just not enough time.  The longest I've ever
talked to L was at the first roundup.  He doesn't really tell you
anything when you ask questions. I can't complain, I'd be the same way.
Personally, I'd like to ask a few questions that I never have, but I
probably never will.  I think if I found out, I'd be dissapointed.  Plus
L and K, I think, are more interested in what *you* think than what
*they* meant.  It's about communication, man.  What do *you* hear?
That's all that really matters.  Honestly, any good art only reflects
what the patron of it has inside... It's like a magic mirror to your
psyche.

> so how much do you guys think is feasible to
> expect to be able to understand?   all of it?

Relax, let the force quide you, young Jedi.  It's really not so
important that you understand what is meant, but that you *trust* what
is being said.  If you trust the art, it can become whatever you need it
to be.  You're already drawn to it--just trust it.  I sound like a cult
leader don't I?  Sorry.  :)