Re: has the list limped to the side of the wrong road?

personally, i am an ex-listee a while back, and i've been relapsing for the
last couple of weeks.  i quit the first time because the discussions were
irrelevent to otr.  i was hopeful that the list would actually give me
insight into otr.  alot of times the list consists of a discussion between a
few people who seem to know each other.  it gets boring.  so then someone
inevitable does something to spice it up.  it's kind of a cycle.

so i'll probably quit the list in a while, maybe when the next lull hits.

personally i am dissatisfied with my understanding of otr's lyrics.  alot of
it all very powerful and gripping, but i feel like i very seldom hear a song
that i fully comprehend.  i consider myself somewhat of an inept interpreter
anyways.  more than anything i want to speak with karin and linford in
person.  i have so many questions that would lend to my understanding of
their stuff.

as for now i'm content to take what i can from their music, and not take it
too seriously anyways. it's recreational.  but it's more than that.  they
speak to me beyond just recreational pop music that fades after 2 yrs.

so here's my question for you all.  granted, karin and linford put alot of
themselves in their music. for that reason we should not expect to
understand it completely.  but it'snot just subjective blather.  their songs
do have something to say.    so how much do you guys think is feasible to
expect to be able to understand?   all of it?

i not alot of their music is based on literature and personal experience.  i
wish linford would write a guide to each album, indicating what he was
reading and at the time and where he was at personally.  i love the way
linford is so intimate and personal with his fans. i know he loves us.  i
done glaze over at the cliche, "none of this could have taken place without
my fans.  thank-you.  blah blah."  it's not like that with linford.  there's
one celtic artist whose name i forget, who writes a little essay before each
song.  not that i want a verse by verse exposition or something.  that would
break the esoteric joy of being a rhinelander.  ;-)

the computer lab now closes. . . .

b'