Re: has the list limped to the side of the wrong road?

i was all set to write an intelligent, articulate reply to helena (welcome
to our dysfunctional family!), but as usual someone else said it better
before i got a chance to.  this time, the someone was lara.
helena asked why we stay.  i came in search of kindred spirits, and others
who were looking for ways to find and build beauty.  i came because otr's
music was the soundtrack to a time in my life that was pivotal in shaping
who i am now.  i came because i really, really like the music.  i've stayed
because i have found kindred spirits.  i've stayed because i know that there
are countless thoughtful, creative, beautiful minds in the rhineland--many
of them remain quiet most of the time.  but i know they're there, and i know
that every once in awhile (more often than not) people say things that make
me stop and reevaluate my own perceptions.  i've stayed because we *do* talk
about things that are not directly related to otr as a band.  my co-lostees
make me laugh and make me think.  that's worth staying for.  sometimes,
there are people who say things that make me wonder why in the world they
ever wanted to be here.  those are the days that i delete a lot of mail.
anyway, i'm rambling now.

ysoie, are you talking about slow, intimate, with-another-person dancing, or
"i have know choice but to move where the music leads" dancing?

fwiw,
amyjoy