Re: gee, thanks....

better late than never:

In a message dated 3/28/00 3:24:08 PM Central Standard Time,
pardone at hotmail_com writes:

<< anyone ever see the movie "life is beautiful" the point was there is evil,
 but in the midst of evil there is beauty.  i heard a holocaust survivor talk
 in one of my classes.  truly amazing.   >>

I didn't see the movie but this is often what reachs me most. When people in
the midst of their darkest day can still love eachother, have communion (in
the sense of a true connection) with eachother, can still shine with the hope
that is in them that the evil they see is something temporary, something
never meant to be, something that exists only in this twisted shattered
world, and that the beauty and good they see and do is a glimmer of the true,
the real, the eternal that is to be.

Pax,
Kevin

(who would second American Beauty as a movie that, while a bit strong,  also
expressed this very well)