Re: Pass the drugs, please

Gilhamilton at aol_com writes:

... I would
>also
>argue that any gun sold would have to come with a safe or good locking
>device

Ummm... all the guns that I've used do have locking devices on them, but
my experience has been mostly with rifles and a few shotguns.  As a girl
with much experience with and around guns, I do think that the right to
own guns is very important, and I agree with who ever posted earlier
saying that o take away peoples rights to own guns would give the
government entirely to much power.    What I would like to see is
mandatory gun safety classes before buying a gun.  I realize that alot of
the guns out there were obtained illegally, and that gun safety classes
wouldn't have much effect on this volatile portion of the population, but
for those of us who obtain guns legally, I would like to see more people
educated.
	also, I'm reposting something from about a year ago, when this
sort of thing last came up, that I think is still relavant.

jen