RE: the "intelellectural" discussion

> adrian readily contributes:

Yes.  It's nice to see a newbie contribute right off the bat.   We haven't
had a good debate in here for months.

> marie responds (with an eyebrow raised):

Like The Rock?

> if evil and its results (often suffering) are allowed to have
> the last word,
> who's responsible?

Drew.  HTH.

> for we were not created as robots but as free
> individuals with the potential and free will to choose to

This discussion is gonna get *really* interesting once we develop robots
with a certain element of free will.   A sort of Asimov thing.

> the only trap i can see possible has to do with being bound by a world
> without the power (love) to overcome, a people with its hands tied by a
> resolved/accepted disappointment and with "no" always for its answer.  or,

> in our postmodernity, "i don't think i can ever know" for its answer.

I think we'll all have to agree on a definition of that slippery word "love"
before this can contribute any farther.

> many of you here would disagree heartily with me.  yes, i tend to stir the

> pot.  how 'bout them apples?  er, i mean, that apple orchard??? :)

$2.50, same as in town.

--
Chris Emery
Web Commerce Developer