Re: the "intelellectural" discussion

adrian readily contributes:

>love and fellowship?  hmmm...I think I've once heard of such things, might
>have even believed in such sterling qualities once upon a time.  but as I
>found out that such nebulous qualities as in love has no place in real
>life.  What's love and such when faced with the day to day grind of life,
>and love/fellowship is oviously not enough to carry jack when adversity of
>any kind rear its ugly head.

marie responds (with an eyebrow raised):

there are many advocates of the supposedly dubious love that have faced
plenty of adversity.  and i'd argue that i have had my share as well.  this
is not a competition, but i wanted to remind "us" that such love and
constancy has been proven and tested by fire in the lives of millions and
gazillions and...okay, you get the point.

to say that it/he/love doesn't exist based on disillusionment and betrayal
in the earth and probably instrumented somehow through fallen man leaves all
for naught-- even the notion that i indeed have life, that i breathe and
exist.  plus, forming a theology in the midst of a storm doesn't seem fair
or logical at all.

if evil and its results (often suffering) are allowed to have the last word,
who's responsible?  for we were not created as robots but as free
individuals with the potential and free will to choose to exist on a truly
different plane, one of love, peace and joy.  it's a rather inviting choice,
imho.  and isn't it a relationship we're always after?  that bit lip waiting
for someone to call, that curious flutter at the rumor you heard about a
certain someone--hoping it's true, that emptiness left over when you realize
you went searching in the wrong places... i think we all know what these
things feel like.

the only trap i can see possible has to do with being bound by a world
without the power (love) to overcome, a people with its hands tied by a
resolved/accepted disappointment and with "no" always for its answer.  or,
in our postmodernity, "i don't think i can ever know" for its answer.

many of you here would disagree heartily with me.  yes, i tend to stir the
pot.  how 'bout them apples?  er, i mean, that apple orchard??? :)

-marie