Re: VoL (was Re: Taft)

--- Dan Temmesfeld <dantemm at erinet_com> wrote:

> >> the great binkster wrote:
> >oh, i'm great now, eh?

> sure, why not... :)

okay, fine. i'll accept that. :{P}

>>>It's like [Bill's] been your best buddy for years-

> Yeah, cool guy.  I guess being an indie band, he's
> pretty much their PR...
> so if he was a jerk, I don't think they'd be doing
> well at all... :)

honestly, i don't think it has anything to do with his
indie band status. that's just the way Bill is
naturally. if VoL ever really makes it BIG TIME, i
have no doubt that he'd remain as personal as he is.
oh, and he's got PR folks for him. i had an
interesting discussion along those lines with him at
Brady's...

> >As far as OtR, I think Terri wins the most
> personable
> >award....

> I've never really talked with her before.

she's quite nice. she doesn't come off as being
presumptuous to me, either. she'll chat with you if
she's got the time to.

Jack's fun to speak with, too, although his wife Hazel
is an absolute charm. i make it a point to say hello
to he every show i get to.

> And then there's always Ric.

hope to meet him someday. gotta get myself to a Monk
show...

> NP: Essential Leo Kottke  (this is a great CD!)

i'll have to find a copy! funny thing is, i have
numerous friends of mine who are jealous that i got to
see Leo play, yet have barely a clue about OtR....