Re: tired of OtR songs?

> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 19:46:24 -0800
> From: Kelvin T Bailey <kelvinbailey at juno_com>
> Subject: re. same-old-same-old
> OtR content...
>
> I think the same principle might explain why so many of you are so weary
> of hearing the same songs performed the same way over and over again.
> Most people don't get to see their favorite band live 10 times a year.
> We're lucky if we get to see them once every couple of years.  I really
> don't believe OtR or any other band (except possibly Phish or The
> Grateful Dead) are thinking at all of the repeat customer.  Yeah, if you
> see OtR on a regular basis - like twice a month - you will probably hear
> a lot of reruns.  To most of us, however, it's fresh.

Aha! That's a great point. A few digests ago I noticed that someone had been
slightly disappointed when, at a show, they heard the familiar notes of
Poughkeepsie. Disappointment? gee whiz, I'd be crying for joy. But then, I
only own GDBD and have heard only a few other of their recordings, and no, I
have no clue as to what all the fuss is about Moth, since it hasn't graced
my ears...yet(?). And I've never seen them in concert, but plan on doing so
sometime this coming year...So, anyways, just wanted to say "thanks" to
Kelvin, for indeed: "to most of us...it's fresh."

pulling moonlight down,
Penumbra