Re: Taft

--- Bruce Lachey <b_lachey at hotmail_com> wrote:

> Yah, it was a little like processed music...

> It's perplexing to think that they've been playing
> material that's been
> around forever...

> How depressing would it be as a musician to
> constantly polish songs over and
> over again that you've been performing incessantly
> for the last 5 years?...

shoot, i struggle with that in my own music sometimes.
and when i do, i'll sometimes go through my old
notebooks and find songs which are ready to come out
into the open again...

the one thing i love about the Vigilantes of Love is
that i've NEVER heard them play the exact setlist
twice. even when Bill's pushing a new album, he's
always visiting old tunes. when i was blessed to open
for VoL last month, i was utterly amazed and so
pleasantly surprized when he played a couple songs
from "Jugular." for those who aren't as into VoL as i
am, "Jugular" came out in 1990. It was initially meant
as a demo.

i wish OtR would reach back that far again. I first
saw them during the double cure tour in '96 and
honestly, the setlist hasn't changed much since i've
seen them...

sigh.

bink