Taft

Yah, it was a little like processed music.  There definitely was a lot of
rehearsal going on, a lot of pre-figured out arrangement.  I still liked
"Little Girl Blue", "Faithfully Dangerous", "Last Night" a lot.  Leo's
Valentine was way too uncomfortable for me.  On many levels.

I hate to break it to ya Josh, but they played the verse/chorus adds to
"Cast Me Away" before, at the very least at the Rhinelander Roundup #2.

It's perplexing to think that they've been playing material that's been
around forever, let's revisit the set w/ approximate dates when the material
was first performed for an audience with the band:

02/95 GO DOWN EZ
02/95 ALL I NEED
12/94 POUGHKEEPSIE
06/91 CAST ME AWAY (INTRO) (again w/ OtR2 12/97)
06/91 AND CAN IT BE (same)
08/97 ORPHAN GIRL
06/94 LITTLE BLUE RIVER
02/95 THANK YOU MY ANGEL
12/94 SILENT NIGHT
12/99 LITTLE GIRL BLUE
12/94 IT CAME UPON A MIDNIGHT
12/95 MARY'S WALTZ
04/92 JACKSIE
02/95 FAITHFULLY DANGEROUS
04/92 CIRCLE OF QUIET
12/94 LATTER DAYS

08/93 JUNE
06/92 MY LOVE IS A FEVER
11/93 LAST NIGHT (with OtR2 12/99)

11/93 BOTHERED

How depressing would it be as a musician to constantly polish songs over and
over again that you've been performing incessantly for the last 5 years?  I
think it takes away heartache and resolve when you perform "Latter Days" day
in and day out for that long.  blah.

Whatever happened to Jeff Holland's page on past setlists, etc.?
It used to be at http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gt5276b/otrhistory.html but I
guess he graduated.  Did it ever move with him?

That said, I really liked a lot of the arrangements and the "quiet down" and
short versions of some of the songs last Saturday.  I also like "Needle &
the Bruise" quite a bit.  Filler never!  ;)  Josh-man, I can't see how you'd
lump "Someday" as non-filler but "Needle" as filler.  Filler.  I've typed
that a lot.  Filler.

That's why I say 'hey man, nice shot',
Bruce