Re: Re: tired of OtR songs?

In a message dated 12/17/99 6:58:21 PM, cpatch at utelco_tds.net wrote:

>"to most of us...it's fresh."

Seeing as I've had sushi for lunch twice this week, that makes me shiver for
some reason.

But I do have to agree. I really adore Poughkeepsie. I really wouldn't be
here on the list without it-- I realised when a band I'd never seen before
played a song I'd  never heard before and it made me cry, that they must be
rather special. Then I won Patience, and that was the end of THAT. Or the
beginning. Take your pick.

So when I go see them in concert, I don't wonder, "Why are they playing THAT
old thing?" I'd no more say it at an OtR show than I would a Philadelphia
Orchestra concert. I may have heard Tchaichovsky's "Pathetique" more times
than I can count, but I don't stop listening. Live music is never the same
twice. I mean, yes, when I go to, say, an Indigo Girls show, I'm disappointed
if I don't hear "Ghost" or "The Wood Song," but since I already know I love
the music, I just enjoy the experience.

And you know what else? Just as much as the music, I usually find I enjoy the
company of Lostees.

So as they say, it's all good.