the finalling words.

I heard Linford ramble over his ivories one day,
tinkling in a little black for the blue.
	every day we might have heard the angels sing if we
were not a little lower.
	every day we might have seen the face of God if our
eyes were not mortal.

every day we might die and then begin to life again.

everything is possible.

I spoke in the empty rooms the other day, & I wonder
if he heard me.
	my voice calling out for guidance.
	my voice calling out for prayer.

I want to be wisdom calling aloud in the streets.

everything is possible.

she said that it would be alright, and then she shut
the door.
	all is still and quiet.
	all is holding its breath.

I’m holding my breath.
and then I’ll start breathing.

these are the last words of Lindsey Godlove.

=====