Re: 9:30, so i've heard . . .

hi.
stef said:
> a lot of different stories have been circulating about the infamous 9:30
> clock.  i'm not sure if any of them have been quite on the money.

i'm not sure either,  including my own story.

however:

>this is
> the story _ i _ heard:
>
> one evening, karin and linford were sitting with their dog, willow,

yes, they do have a dog Willow.

>when
> karin got a craving for some of her favorite cigars.

Uh-oh!  here's where this ~urban legend~  falls down goes boom.  I remember
last year at a Cleveland gig we were talking to Karin and i asked her about
her cigar affinity.  she laughed and thought it was funny that these rumours
abound about her cigar smoking.  she said she does ~not~  smoke cigars,  but
she added that ~if~  i were to score her a Cuban,  she would try it.
(actually,  that was the whole point of the conversation.   i didn't wanna
drop $50 on a cigar for her if she didn't smoke,  so since she didn't,  i
got to save the 50.)

this part could very well be accurate:

>  next door to that self-same smoke
> shop is a pawn/novelty shop.  as linford passed by, he saw the 9:30 clock
in
> the window.  he was so taken with it that he bought it on the spot.
>
> i heard this story from a friend of an acquaintance of a cousin, etc. who
was
> in the shop when linford bought the clock.

  she said that she recognized
> linford by the tattoo on the inside of his left forearm.  apparently, it's
> a drawing of the eve compass - black and grey.

i'm no expert on Linford anatomy,  but i can't recall ever seeing a tattoo
on his arm.   i also checked with db,  who probably scoped him out better
than i ever did,   and she doesn't recall this detail either.    not that he
couldn't wear long sleeves or that Cardigan he's fond of every time we saw
him..... could be.

> anyway . . . that's the way _ i _ heard it.
>
> stef

well, stef,  true or not,   it's a good story.   i wonder if we'll ever know
the truth.   might be kinda like the owl in the tootsie roll commercial.

jg