Re: Well ok...

In our last episode, the wily Samantha spake:

>dear kyle, [snip] your insight always makes me laugh.

and then

>to the person that i really don't know, but who seems to be the object of
>kyle's current tirade. i wish that you weren't so offended and whatever. it
>makes me not want to read what you write...

This is so very skewed.

As a person who rarely posts here, I don't really care much about Kyle or
his jokes/tirades/absurdities, but it's simply perverse to see the tables
turned like this.  Be it Kyle or anyone else, a person who attacks innocent
newbies is, simply put, a dickhead (sorry Kyle - nothing personal against
you specifically - just your "type").  It doesn't matter if you percieve it
to be a joke - evidently it's not very funny, as none of the attacked have
ever responded with, "Ah! Good one, buddy!".  Kyle, doesn't care, he says, so
long as he and his friends get a laugh.  Well and good, but that's generally
what constitutes an *asshole*, isn't it?  When someone approaches someone
else, unprovoked, and says or does something obnoxious or cruel or petty for
the sole purpose of getting a laugh our of his friends, how do most onlookers
respond?  "What an asshole".

Evidently Kyle is comfortable with that kind of an identity, but tune into
reality, folks - it's not cute.  It is absolutely absurd to coddle this kind of
behavior while pooh-poohing those who've been attacked.

Next time you're in a McDonald's and some jerk-off teenager spits on your Big Mac
'cause it's funny to him and his friends, just make sure you don't get emotionally
involved in it.  After all, the asshole who spit in your food isn't.

Paul Christian Glenn
trance at radiks_net
http://eonchamber.virtualave.net