Re: Kyle's rants

it's amy joy here (or karin to those of you who are enlightened, like dear
fred).
i've spent a bit of time the past few days deciding if i should ignore or
respond to all of this kyle-bashing.  i find kyle amusing and entertaining
at times, although i have strong doubts as to whether his posts an outlet of
his true "creativity," as he claims.  but my real point is this--those of
you who protest that you don't have the time or desire to read kyle's
insults, or are disgusted by the way he's constantly the center of
conversations, certainly have spent a lot of time making him the center of
attention lately.  marla eloquently described him as a "toddler chanting
toilet language at the table."  most toddlers stop when they're ignored, and
find more positive ways to get attention.
i, too, joined this list in hopes of "intelligent, thoughtful, soul-filled
discussions about art, music, life, beauty and circumstance"  (well-said,
marla!).  but if that's what we want, then we are each individually
responsible for initiating such conversation, instead of focusing so much
energy perpetuating the kind of conversation that we say we don't want.
some of you have had some good points in your responses to kyle beneath the
attacks on his character. just maybe, he has some good points beneath the
crudeness and vulgarity of his language.  regardless, if we want to get
beyond this line of thought, then we *all* need to do something about it...

just a thought,
amy joy