Re: Well ok...

Samantha said:

> although i am one of the quieter ones on the list, i must congratulate you
> on your witty and rather scathing replies, kyle. i enjoy them tremendously.
> to the new kid, how can you not enjoy a little bit of colorful adversity?
> perhaps a bit of appreciation for differences would be appropriate.

are you serious?  whether you are or not, there have been others who
have said similar things in recent posts, so the sentiment *is* out
there.

I, for one, do not appreciate Kyle's abusive tones on this list.  Have
you all forgotten when he first started posting? Have you forgotten the
"I'm gonna kill all the f****** Christians, Columbine style,"
comments?????? Does anyone remember how *everyone* took him seriously
and how the list reacted?  If you don't there *is* the archive.

My point is, the way 99% of us initially took him is the way 99% of the
newbies are taking him as they are introduced to this list.  As a
discussion list devoted to OtR, do we want the "go fuck yourself,
asshole" image to hit every single newby in the face when they
innocently post a question?  Kyle's abusive rhetoric has become our
standard.  Like it or not, you are now associated with that simply by
being a listee.

Think about it.  I bet the band members wouldn't approve of this if they
new that every new potential listee was being verbally abused and
insulted.

And how many fan lists do any of you know of where the band members are
continually called assholes?  95% of us don't know the band members or
their actions.  To openly insult someone based on "grandma psychology"
is inappropriate.

Kyle, I've never met you, and I don't think that that's necessary to
make this statement.  I don't care how nice you may be in person, or how
loyal you are to your friends--this is my very point.  The newbies don't
know that either--and for all practical purposes here, that isn't even
relevant.  This list is not yours, and the things you continually say to
people in this impersonal medium that we use are destined to be taken
one way--whether it's your own form of childish humor or not.  If you
had been an employee and this list your employer, you would have been
fired long ago--because everyone of us is an agent of OtR when we post
here.  It doesn't matter who we are or how we came here. When we send a
post out to a new listee, then we become intrinsically associated with
the band for that person. I am not proud to call myself a listee under
the current circumstances.  I believe there are plenty of others who are
feel the same way.  I just happen to be one of the few who will openly
post my opinion. I happen to be one of the few who will risk not being
in the "A group."

Psychologically, this is all very interesting, but socially, it's very
inappropriate.

I've also decided to cc the office.

I guess I've inadvertently started the "B" list...

-M

P.S.  I'm also open to others' comments, or questions, flames etc.

Follow-Ups: References: