blue apple

>"When the Pawn Hits the Conflicts He Thinks Like
>   a King What He Knows Throws the Blows When He
>   Goes to the Fight and He'll Win the Whole Thing
>   'Fore He Enters the Ring There's No Body to
>   Batter When Your Mind Is Your Might So When You
>   Go Solo, You Hold Your Own Hand and Remember
>   That Depth Is the Greatest of Heights and If
>   You Know Where You Stand, Then You Know Where
>   to Land and If You Fall It Won't Matter, 'Cuz
>   You'll Know That You're Right"
>
>What in the world...

No, dude, see: by giving it such a long title, Ms. Apple actually refuses
to play in the bounds usually set by not only retailers but also pop
consumers.  It's kind of a cool little piece of refusal, even if it's
only a so so poem.  It screws with the reviewing process (since they all
have to write out the whol title and then explain how they'll abbreviate,
thereby using up most of their precious column space before they reach
the music) and the cataloging process.  If the albums good, it'll be a
well-loved rock and roll moment.  If the album sucks, it'll be derided.
That's pop life.

Question, then: has anyone else tried a move like this?

what time is it?  why the hell am I awake?

Kelvin, I agree.  Blue.  Never more blue.  Never less.

Fred

PS: funny.  i was just given a CD by a band called "noon blue apples."
It's after some ancient mystical scroll somethin'.  But, see, the post
has Apple and Blue.  Of course, it's nowhere near noon.

np: DNY