Re: must purge

On Sat, 25 Sep 1999 20:47:30 PDT "Amy Joy Eversole"
<amy_smiley at hotmail_com> writes:
>i, for one, would like to be reminded of some of those joys...
>would you mind sharing a few of them with us?

When I was about ten years old I had a dream in which I was in my
grandmother's attic.  While there I discovered the most amazing
collection of toys I had ever seen.  The toys were unexplainable.  I
don't think they had 'real life' counterparts.  The significance lay,
however, not in the toys themselves, but in what they came to represent
to me.  I felt as if these toys were created by God just for me.  It was
like He, who knew where my little joy button lay, reached in and pushed
it.  The toys were unexplainable, the joy was unexplainable, and the
dream was amazing.  For years after that initial dream I had a series of
dreams in which I was trying to find my way back into the attic and to
those toys.  The dreams typically had me searching through one of the
houses in which I lived as a child.  For whatever reason - couldn't find
the door, door was to small, etc. - I never could get to the toys.
Finally, a few years ago, I actually had a dream in which I found my way
back to the attic and the toys.  However, when I went through the door,
the attic became a basement and all the toys were actually nuts, bolts,
hammers, and such things.

What does all that represent?  I think I lost something that I'll never
get back...innocence...the joy of Dairy Queen Dilly Bars...not knowing
how the Brady Bunch episode I'm watching will turn
out...innocence...actually believing I'm just like everybody else...being
rail thin with all my hair...innocence...

>hmm...i think i'd have to say that i didn't really know most of my
>closest
>friends until i knew them in conflict, and until we got a taste of the
>
>dysfunction that is inherent in all human relationships...

hmm...maybe it's a two-sided coin.  You've got a valid point, but would
you really have known them if, at some point, you hadn't known them in
peace?  I guess maybe I was thinking more in terms of social
relationships (attempts to know those of other races, genders, and
religious backgrounds) then personal relationships.  Remember Edward
Norton in American History X.  He was incredibly racist and his racism
was based on what he thought he knew about other races.  It wasn't until
he spent time with the black man in prison - in peace - that he was able
to know a black man.

>thanks for purging with us, kelvin...

My pleasure...I think
Get free e-mail you don't need Web access to use --
Or get full, reliable Internet access from Juno Web!
Download your free software today: http://dl.www.juno.com/dynoget/tagh.