Re: no more brian.

DustyVolume wrote:

>These types of glittering generalities have littered this list for a
>while now.  I'm prone not to accept anything qualitative like this
>anymore unless,  1.  I've got personal proof, or 2.  The person stating
>this "fact" wants to give solid evidence to support said statement.
>
>Now, I don't have any personal proof to most of that which I cut and
>pasted above.   So, Dave, kindly state your evidence as to why Linford
>reigns with an iron fist.  I have no evidence that Linford controls
>Karin (and please spell her name right--this *is* the fan list) so much
>as to result in her habit of writing notes on set lists.   Maybe she
>just gets nervous up there and needs to be prompted to do the things she
>wants to do anyway.  I often leave notes, voice mail, *and* email for
>*myself* when I think I'll forget something for various reasons.
>
>So, general statements really mean nothing unless you can back them up.

First off, lets not get petty about spelling here.  I was writing that post
late on Sunday evening and spelling wasn't foremost on my mind..no biggie.
You've never mis-spelled a word or name before?  Geez..

As far as the substance of the thing goes...you've been around long enough
to see the changes in this band from the early days.  Don't say that this
has never crossed YOUR mind before.  Hell, it's been discussed here before.
I'm not breaking new ground...Do YOU think anything happens in the band that
Linford doesn't approve of?? (really?). I've seen it in the way the band has
evolved (such as the lineup changes), I've seen it in disapproving glances
Linford has given other members during shows in the past.  These things have
formed my opinion.  What is yours?

>And if you can't back them up (for whatever reason) then you have no
>business putting them out there in the first place.

I believe everyone has "business" giving their opinion on the list,
regardless if they give a long line of evidence to back it up or not.  After
all the foul language, personal attacks, etc that we've seen on the list I
think it's amusing that you would select this instance to tell someone they
shouldn't share their thoughts.

>So, convince me.  It may not take much.

I'm not trying to convince you, or anyone else - simple stating my view.
However, after reading your "remember when..." post recently it sounds like
my explanation is as good as any for the change in things (and I did
remember most all that stuff by the way...).

-Dave