Re: no more brian.

Marquis Mark writes:

> Feeling like a castaway, but not afraid, Dave said:
>  > Linford has always ruled this band with an iron fist...that is why Rich
>  > left, that is why Brian is now gone.  That is why the level of energy
has
> declined.  > Indeed, that is why Karen now has little instructions
scribbled
> on setlists...
>
>  These types of glittering generalities have littered this list for a
>  while now.  I'm prone not to accept anything qualitative like this
>  anymore unless,  1.  I've got personal proof, or 2.  The person stating
>  this "fact" wants to give solid evidence to support said statement.
>
>  Now, I don't have any personal proof to most of that which I cut and
>  pasted above.   So, Dave, kindly state your evidence as to why Linford
>  reigns with an iron fist.  I have no evidence that Linford controls
>  Karin (and please spell her name right--this *is* the fan list) so much
>  as to result in her habit of writing notes on set lists.   Maybe she
>  just gets nervous up there and needs to be prompted to do the things she
>  wants to do anyway.  I often leave notes, voice mail, *and* email for
>  *myself* when I think I'll forget something for various reasons.

I could be wrong here since it has been over a week since I glanced at the
aforementioned setlist, but my recollection is that the writing on it was not
that which we've all come to recognize as coming from Linford's hand.  So it
is certainly possible that it was simply Karin leaving a note for herself,
but then again, I wouldn't be able to distinguish her handwriting from any of
the other people in the band (not including Linford).

Steve
oncleboo at aol_com

np:  Dave Alvin - "Blackjack David"

"I alternate between fantasy and the cold hard truth; I oscillate between the
cool and the uncouth; but I resonate to the piercing eyes of God I sought in
my youth." -- The 77's