Re: [Tori/Alanis question]

hello, all.  this is my first post since rejoining the list a couple of
weeks ago.  i was one of the original listees, but i'm not sure how many of
you were around then.  i tend to be a good lurker/bad poster, but i decided
it was time to put in my two cents, or however much it's worth...

>>Ani Difranco plays her guitar like a six string drum, and I love it.

>You know, the whole time I was thinking of Alanis/Tori I just kept thinking
>that neither of them have anything on Ani--DAMN!!

THANK YOU, fred and dana for bringing up one of the most talented (and
honest) women in the music world.  not only does she write and play her own
music with a great deal of passion, but she also does a kick-ass job of
running her own company, and happens to care about issues that go beyond
herself and her emotions, which can't be said for a lot of musicians.  i
wanna be like ani when i grow up!  anyone agree?  (or not?)

anyway, it was fun meeting a few of you at the picnic and show last week  (i
was the quiet redhead with laura from chicago).  what a crazy little
community y'all have here...

--amy