Re: Bitter Women & Bebo Norman (completely unrelated topics)

Kelvin wrote:
>First of all, Chris, my face couldn't be straighter.  I still am amazed
>by the first Alanis cd, but I also think there is much growth and
>maturity (musically, lyrically, and with herself) on the second one.

I like Alanis' first one a lot more than the second one.  "Thank You" was a
promising single off of SFIJ, but the rest of the CD is patchy IMO.  The
first CD had good singles, and it also had some good gems that weren't
commercial/ radio singles...

>Yeah, Alanis has had her anger trip - like Sinead, Tori, and countless
>others.  But like Sinead, Tori, and countless others, she got over it and
>moved on.

Have you really heard much of her stuff?  I mean, come on.  She really
isn't *that* angry or bitter in her songs.  _LE_ had a lot of anger/etc
towards the church and other things, but that was her debut solo album (ie-
not her band "thing") and she seems to moving on.

>I really liked "Cornflake Girl" and a
>couple others, but Ms. Tori went on to do things and say things that I
>don't like, so I don't care for her.  Alanis - I find her riveting, and
>quite sexy, so I like her.

"Cornflake Girl" is a classic Tori song, but really I find _Little
Earthquakes_ and _Boys for Pele_ (and Choirgirl) in my player a whole lot
more than _Under the Pink_... BfP is brilliant.  I love it more with every
listen...

   "and now for something completely different..." -MONTY PYTHON

> NP: Bebo Norman -- Ten Thousand Days

I've got mine on order.  _Fabric of Verse_ was/is awesome.  I also have
Caedmon's Call's percussionist Garrett Buell's instrumental jazz/percussion
CD coming with my Bebo CD... woohoo!!!

Dan

NP: Dream Theater - A Change of Seasons

+- Dan Temmesfeld      Galactic Cowboys on the Web -+
    dantemm at erinet_com     http://www.dlm.net/gc/
   I want to navigate out of this lukewarm sea...
+-      Caedmon's Call "My Calm//Your Storm"       -+